1. Responsible Body
The responsible body in accordance with the terms of the GDPR for the collection, processing, and use of your personal data is
+49 211 93301-183
2. General Use of the Website
2.1 Access Data
We collect information about you when you visit this website. We automatically collect information on your user behavior and your interaction with us. We also log data about your computer or mobile device. We collect, store, and use data about every access of our online offer (so-called server logfiles). This access data includes the name and URL of the accessed file, the date and time of access, the volume of transferred data, the successful access report (HTTP response code), the browser type and version, the operating system, the referrer URL (i.e. the previously visited page), the IP address, and the enquiring provider.
We use this log data, without associating it with your person and without any other kind of profile creation, for statistical analyses for operational purposes, the security and optimization of our online offer, but also for anonymously logging the number of visitors to our website (traffic), and the extent and type of use of our website. This information allows us to analyze data traffic, find and fix bugs, and improve our services. We reserve the right to check log data after the fact if, based on concrete evidence, there is a justified suspicion of illegal use. We save IP addresses in the log files for a limited period if this serves security purposes (e.g. when you are using one of our offers). We also save IP addresses if there is concrete suspicion of a criminal offence in connection with the use of our website.
2.2 E-Mail Contact
If you contact us (e.g. via a contact form or e-mail), we store your information in order to process the query and in case of follow-up questions. We only store and use further personal data with your consent or if such storage and use is legally permitted without special consent.
2.3 Live Chat
2.4 Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”. These are text files stored on your computer, which allow the analysis of your use of the website. Information created by a cookie about the visitor’s use of this website is generally sent to and stored on Google’s servers located in the USA. If you are located in the European Union or in a signatory country of the Agreement on the European Economic Area, it is possible to use IP anonymization on this web page to shorten your IP address before transmission. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. IP anonymization is activated on this website. Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide us with other website and Internet-related services.Google does not associate the IP address transmitted by your browser with other data within the scope of Google Analytics. You can change your browser setting to prevent the storage of cookies. However, doing so may also prevent you from using some or all features provided by this website.You can prevent Google from collecting and processing data generated by the cookie and data related to your use of this website (incl. your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available from the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
ProMaterial uses a service called HubSpot provided by HubSpot Inc. for analytical purposes. HubSpot is certified under the EU-US privacy shield. It uses "web beacons" and also installs cookies, which are stored on your computer and enable us to analyze your use of the website. The collected information (e.g. IP address, geographical location, type of browser, duration of the visit and pages accessed) is evaluated by HubSpot on ProMaterial's behalf to generate reports about the visit and the pages of ProMaterial which were visited.
2.6 Social plugins for Facebook, LinkedIn
The "social plugins" of the providers listed below are installed on our website. They are recognizable by the respective logo.
Information including personal data will possibly be transmitted and used by the service providers with these plugins. We prevent the unknown and unwanted collection and transmission of data to the service providers with a 2-click solution. If you wish to activate a particular social plugin, you must first click on the button in question. Information is only collected and transmitted to a service provider once their plugin is activated. We do not collect any personal data through the social plugins or their use.
We have embedded the social media plugins of the following companies on our website:
Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA;
LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
2.7 Legal Basis and Duration of Storage
Art. 6 para. 1 letter f) GDPR constitutes the legal basis of the data processing as specified in the clauses above. Our interest in the processing of data is, in particular, safeguarding the operation and security of the website, analysis of the ways visitors use the website, and simplification of the use of the website.
Unless explicitly specified otherwise, we only store personal data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes pursued.
3. Your Rights as a Subject of Data Processing
Pursuant to applicable laws, you have several rights concerning your personal data. If you wish to assert those rights, please send your request, in which you must unambiguously identify yourself, by e-mail or post to the address provided in clause 1 above.
Please find below an overview of your rights.
3.1 Right to Confirmation and Information
You are entitled at all times to request confirmation of whether personal data concerning you is being processed. If this is the case, you are entitled to request from us free of charge information about your personal data that have stored, including a copy of such data. Furthermore, you are entitled to the following information:
- The purpose of the processing.
- The categories of personal data being processed.
- The recipients or categories of recipients to which personal data was, is, or shall be disclosed, in particular, if such recipients are located in third-party countries or in case of international organizations.
- If possible, the planned duration for the storage of the personal data, or, if this information cannot be provided, the criteria for the determination of this duration.
- The existence of a right to rectification or erasure of your personal data, or of a right to restriction of its processing by the responsible body, or of a right to object to such processing.
- The existence of a right of appeal with a supervisory authority.
- If personal data is not collected from you, all available information on the source of the data.
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling in accordance with art. 22 paras. 1 and 4 GDPR and, in these cases at a minimum, meaningful information on the logic employed and the reach and desired consequences such processing will have on you.
If personal data is transferred to a third country or an international organization, you are entitled to be notified of the appropriate guarantees pursuant to art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer.
3.2 Right to Rectification
You are entitled to immediate rectification by us of incorrect data related to you. In consideration of the purposes, you are entitled to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by supplementary declaration.
3.3 Right to Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten“)
You are entitled to request from us the immediate deletion of personal data related to you, and we are obligated to delete personal data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent on which the processing, in accordance with art. 6 para 1 letter a GDPR or art. 9 para 2 letter a GDPR, was based and there exists no other legal basis for the processing.
- You object to the processing pursuant to art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to art. 21 para 2 GDPR.
- The personal data was processed illegally.
- The deletion of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation in accordance with European Union law or the right of a member state that we are subject to.
- The personal data was collected in relation to services offered by the information society pursuant to art. 8 para. 1 GDPR.
If we have made personal data public and if we are obligated to delete that data pursuant to art. 17 GDPR, we will take the appropriate measures (including technical measures) in consideration of available technologies and the costs for implementation to notify the bodies responsible for processing the data that you have requested the deletion of all links to such personal data or of copies or replications of the personal data.
3.4 Right to Restriction of Processing
You are entitled to request from us the restriction of processing, provided one of the following conditions applies:
- You challenge the correctness of the personal data for a duration that allows us to check the correctness of the personal data.
- The processing is illegal and you have refused the deletion of the personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of the processing of the personal data.
- We no longer need the personal data for the purpose of processing, but you require the data to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You object to the processing pursuant to art. 21 para. 1 GDPR before it has been established whether the legitimate interests of our company take precedence over yours.
3.5 Right to Data Portability
You are entitled to receive the personal data relating to you that you provided us with in a structured, common, and machine-readable format. You are also entitled to have us transfer the data to another responsible body without obstruction, provided that:
- The processing is based on consent in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 letter a GDPR or art. 9 para. 2 letter a GDPR or on a contract in accordance with art. 6 para 1 letter b GDPR.
- The processing occurs by means of automated processes.
When exercising your right to data portability pursuant to para. 1, you are entitled to effect the transfer of the personal data by us directly to another responsible body, provided that this is technically possible.
3.6 Right to Object
You have the right to object at any time and for reasons resulting from your particular situation to the processing of personal data related to you in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 letters e or f GDPR. This also applies in the event of a profiling in accordance with the aforementioned article. We will not continue to process your personal data anymore, unless we can prove compelling grounds for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms, or if the processing serves to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims.
If we process personal data for direct advertising, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data related to you for the purpose of such advertising. This also applies in the event of profiling related to such direct advertising.
You have the right to object for reasons resulting from your particular situation to the processing of personal data related to you that is being processed in accordance with art. 89 para. 1 GDPR for the purpose of scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes, unless the processing is required to comply with a duty within the realm of public interest.
3.7 Automated Individual Decision-Making, Including Profiling
You are entitled not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing (including profiling) if that decision has a legal effect against you or significantly affects you in a similar manner.
3.8 Right to Revoke Consent to Process Personal Data
You are entitled to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
3.9 Right to Appeal to a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of your location, your place of work, or the place of the alleged breach, if you are of the opinion that the processing of personal data related to you is illegal.
4. Data Security
We do our utmost within the framework of applicable data protection laws and in consideration of the technical possibilities to ensure the security of your data.
Your data is encrypted for transmission. We use the encryption system SSL (Secure Socket Layer). However, please be aware that the security of any data transmission on the internet (e.g. when communicating by e-mail) can be vulnerable. A complete protection of your data from access by third parties is impossible.
To protect your data, we employ technical and organizational security measures that we regularly update to the current available technologies.
Furthermore, we do not guarantee that our offer is available at certain times. Interferences, interruptions, or outages cannot be eliminated and must be expected. The servers we use are regularly and carefully secured.
5. Automated Individual Decision-Making
Automated individual decision-making based on collected personal data does not occur.
6. Transfer of Data to Third Parties, No Data Transfer to non-EU Countries
We generally only use your personal data within our company
If and to the extent that we involve third parties in the performance of contracts (e.g. logistics service providers), they only receive the personal data to the extent that such transfer is required for delivery of the relevant services.
In the event that we outsource certain parts of the data processing (contractual processing), we contractually obligate the processor to use personal data only in accordance with the requirements of the data protection laws and to ensure the protection of the affected individual’s rights.